First Online DnD Campaign
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Empty CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 am

Kimara(C4) awakes in a dark small room filled with the sound of flies and a fowl smell of rotting corpse, manure, and bodily fluids. An overwhelming stench, part of the reason Kimara awoke. The filth on the floor is smeared on his cloths and body. His wounds ache and sting as bacteria burrows into his bloodstream. Vague memories of Gnolls taking him from his village still linger in his thoughts, but fainting from weakness after being captured leaves him clueless as to where he is now. He is also clueless as to what the Gnolls intend to do with him. Glancing around the room, the half-orc sees a grim future for himself. In the top left corner of the room there appears to be a make shift bed of hay. A skeleton lays within it. The prisoner must have died in his sleep. More bones are just infront of the bed, but they are far to large to be from a humanoid. Some of the bones still have rotting meat attached to them. And even worse, he sees teeth marks. The prisoners food? The top right of the room had been used as a restroom. Urine and manure are smothered with flies. The bottom left of the room has a small hole. It appears as if the prisoner had tried to dig his way out. The ceiling is about 10 feet high and the only exit is a large steel door. Needless to check, Kimara knows he will find it locked. He shifts his attention to himself. His armor has been removed and replaced with tattered and torn cloth. His weapons and items are also missing. Kimara's hands and feet are bound together with manacles...

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Image110
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

https://dndonlinecampaign.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Empty Re: CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE

Post  BLT Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:39 pm

As i notice manacles are bound to me, i quickly search (A6), mainly for any evidence on to what the prisoners had to eat and if they were to be so desperate as to eat a specific key. I then search the whole area for anymore evidence. I then go to the door and try to peek through any holes to find out more information, and i look for any loose bolts for the door. I then search the roof (if there is one) from wall to wall.
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Walking over towards the stench in the corner makes Kimara gag. Searching around for any key turns up no results. The room is keyless. The door is solid steel and in good condition. No cracks or holes of any kind. The lock must be built within the door. Kimara knows that even with his strength, this door would not be opening any time soon. Not unless the Gnolls entered to toss in someone else or to come get Kimara for slave work. The roof is 10 feet high and looks solid. No easy escape.... Kimara is going to have to work for it.... wait for the perfect moment.
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:04 pm

I get tired of my manacles, so i go to break both of them off completely <max strength check 27 during rage, dc 26 to break manacles>
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:12 am

Kimara spreads his hands apart putting tension on the chain of the manacles. spreading farther and farther he feels the chain giving. He thinks of his village...his mother...his father. He feels a rage boiling in his blood. <rage activated> "AHHHHH!" Kimara screams as the chain snaps and his hands become free again. He reaches down and tears the manacles from his ankles as well. His breathing is heavy, his anger only continues to build in his fists.
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:37 am

i search (E1) for any helpful information and i try to see if i can dig my way out
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:42 am

In his rage, Kimara examines the hole more closely. Light traces of dried blood and bits of broken finger nails is all he finds. He starts to dig, however he only manages to add fresh blood. The ground is hard and thick. A shovel would not even penetrate it. Kimara is amazed as to how far the other prisoner had managed to dig down. There is no telling how long he had been trapped here... suddenly his digging is interrupted by the clicking sound of turning gears directly outside the steel door next to him. After a brief moment the sound stops.

Last edited by BRAD_THE_DM on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:59 am

i quickly dash to (E5) and wait
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:18 am

The door slowly opens and a limp body gets tossed in. Three Gnolls stand in the door way.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Gnoll_10

Gnoll(blue) begins to shout in a language Kimara does not understand and points at the broken manacles in the floor.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl10

INITIATIVE:
Kimara: hp = 16 (+2 because of rage. Rage = 5 rounds remaining)
Gnoll(yellow): hp = no damage
Gnoll(blue): hp = no damage
Gnoll(purple): hp = no damage

Last edited by BRAD_THE_DM on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:17 am; edited 5 times in total
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:23 am

i step to F4 and attack Gnoll(yellow)
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:06 am

RULE:(Unarmed attacks provoke an attack of opportunity so Gnoll(yellow) should get an attack of opportunity, however he has not taken a turn yet so he is flat-footed. When you are flat-footed you can not make an attack of opportunity. Also Gnoll(blue) would not get an attack of opportunity because you can only provoke one attack of opportunity per round.)

Kimara charges forward with rage. His hands ready to pound bone into mush. He targets Gnoll(yellow) and swings for his drooling jaw. The Gnoll dodges with ease and laughs like a hyena with the other Gnolls at his pathetic attempt.

Gnoll(yellow) swings his battleaxe in response, but Kimara is quick to dodge him as well.

Gnoll(blue) growls at the miss. He steps into the room(F3, 5ft. free step) providing room for Gnoll(purple) to join the fight. Gnoll(blue) readies his battleaxe and aims for Kimara's right side. The blade swings through the air and sinks deep into it's target. (9dmg) Kimara screams in pain.

Seeing the other Gnoll had made a spot for him, Gnoll(purple) moves in to attack(G3) as well. His battleaxe swings wildly, just inches from Kimara's head. He snarls in disgust at his own poor aim.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl12

INITIATIVE:
Kimara: hp = 7 (+2 because of rage. Rage = 4 rounds remaining)

Last edited by BRAD_THE_DM on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 am; edited 4 times in total
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:02 pm

i fall on the floor acting like i just fainted from all the pain
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:14 am

RULE: (Feinting in Combat: You can use bluff to mislead an opponent in melee combat (so that it can't dodge your next attack effectively). To feint, make a bluff check opposed by your target's Sense Motive check, but in this case the target may add its base attack bonus to the roll along with any other applicable modifiers. If your Bluff check result exceeds this special Sense Motive check result, your target is denied its Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) for the next melee attack you make against it. This attack must be made on or before your next turn. Feinting in this way against a nonhumanoid adds a -4 penalty on your bluff check. Against a non intelligent creature (1 or 2) your bluff takes a -8 penalty. Feinting in combat does not provoke at attack of opportunity)

RULE: (You can not use any Int, Dex, or Chr skills while enraged except for balance, escape artist, intimidate, and ride.)

DM NOTE TO BLT: Bluff is a Chr skill. Kimara can not pretend to feint while enraged. 4 rounds of rage is remaining (going by number of posts/actions since enraged). However, Kimara can prematurely end his rage. You said you wanted to pretend to pass out, so i'm ending your rage. You now have -2 to strength and -2 to dexterity and you also loose your bonus 2 hp. The penalties on str and dex only last till the end of the encounter. Also, I think your character sheet is wrong about your rage lasting 7 rounds. I think it's only 6. Check into it. I might be wrong. ANYWAY, on with the story...

<rage prematurely ended> Kimara grabs his right side and staggers a bit, blinking and shaking. He then removes his hand and looks at the blood on his palm. His eyes roll in the back of his head and he collapses to his knees and falls onto his stomach. He tries not to breath as he lays on the floor. Kimara waits... (Bluff roll = 17)

(Sense Motive check for all three Gnolls: 1 = 16, 2 = 4, 3 = 9, BLUFF SUCCESS)

The Gnolls laugh and speak again in the incomprehensible language. Kimara at first thinks they are laughing at his poor acting skills, but they do not attack. He must have fooled them. Gnoll(blue) and Gnoll(yellow) grab another limp body from outside the door and drag it in (D3&D4). Gnoll(purple) walks over to Kimaras "passed out body" (F3) and starts to put masterwork manacles on him. "This should prevent you from trying something stupid like that agian." The Gnoll says as he pulls them from a side pouch.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl13

INITIATIVE:
Kimara: hp = 5

BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:19 pm

ABOUT THE RULE: yeah thats what i wasnt sure of, i didnt know how long i was in my rage, cuz when i broke my manacles i searched more and i didnt know how long it has been.

i lay there letting him put the manacles on me, "i will get another chance" i think to myself
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:36 pm

The Gnoll straps the masterwork manacles onto Kimara's hands and feet. They regroup and walk out of the room. They talk in their language to one another as they do so. The steel door is closed once again and a few moments later Kimara hears the sound of clicking gears. He turns his attention to the new prisoners in the room. They are both dressed in ragged clothes and bound in manacles like himself. At the door lays a human. His head is shaved and his large body is a pale white color. The other body lays in the middle of the room, a halfling. She is very small. Her brown hair accents her ruddy skin.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl11
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:36 pm

i walk over to both of them and shake them awake.
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:06 pm

Kimara first wakes up the closest prisoner, the human. He lowers to a knee and begins to shake the prisoner lightly. The large human squeezes his eyes tightly as if there is a pain in his head. His eyes open and glance around the room.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl14

BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven_is_undead Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:37 pm

A splitting pain stretching from the top of his head to his neck brings him back to consciousness. He cracks his eyes and at first has trouble seeing, but another shake reveals that there is a person near him, He scrambles backwards into the nearest corner f1, remembering only that he had been ambushed by a group of gnolls. As he scoots back he feels the ground for anything he can use as a weapon in case this stranger is an enemy.
Steven_is_undead
Steven_is_undead

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Kyzer scrambles to the corner of the room as fast as he can. The manacles slightly hindering his movement. He looks to the ground for a weapon but all he sees is a hole where someone has tried to dig a way out of the room. The hole has fresh blood.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl15
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:54 pm

I tell him "It's alright, we have all been taken prisoner. We need to work together inorder to escape."
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven_is_undead Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

his back slams against the wall and he stands up on his feet his arms out in front of him, He yells to the Orc looking beast in the middle of the room, " Don't come any closer". he notices another figure laying face down further back in the room appearing unharmed, at this sight he calms down a little bit. " who are you ".
Steven_is_undead
Steven_is_undead

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:02 pm

"Kimara, i am whats left of my people from.....the incident, all i remember is waking up in this cell"
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven_is_undead Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 pm

I lower my arms and move a little out of the corner, still weary of the orc because i am still unsure of his intent. " Who is the other prisoner," i question him using his native tongue.
Steven_is_undead
Steven_is_undead

Back to top Go down

Post  BLT Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:18 pm

"Idk, if thats a woman or what, but i feel REALLY sorry for her, having to walk around all the time with that face", as i grab a bone I walk over and poke "it" to find out its gender, hard to tell with A cups and a pancake ass.
BLT
BLT

Back to top Go down

Post  BRAD_THE_DM Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:26 pm

As the bone nudges Lavinia in the shoulder she groans with a headache of her own. She looks up and sees a HUGE orc towering above her small body. Another large man was standing in the corner.

CHAPTER 1: ESCAPE Untitl16
BRAD_THE_DM
BRAD_THE_DM
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: